Ski & Snowboard Details & Rental Procedure
Students Grade 6 - 8
- Middle School students will ski on Wednesdays, January 9 - February 6, 2019.
- Coach buses will depart approximately at 2:45 p.m. from JFK. Middle School.
- All students return to JFK at approximately 8 p.m. each date.
Berkshire East offers 52 diverse trails which both accommodate beginners and can challenge expert skiers.
- 18 trails are lit for night skiing.
Transportation / Food
- Coach buses with restrooms are used for transportation. Backpacks etc. may be left on board during the program.
- Skiers may bring food from home or purchase food at at the ski lodge.
- Food may be eaten on the coach buses, however, greasy foods like pizza, fries, burgers, etc may not be taken on bus from the ski lodge
Any participant who needs to rent either snowboard or ski equipment, must fill out the necessary rental information. All rental forms must be signed and submitted to the Parks & Recreation Department by December 3, 2018. You can mail, email or fax these forms.
Rental Forms need to be completed for anyone choosing to rent...
- Ski & Boots
- Snowboard & Boots
While filling out the Rental Form...
- Please check "Yes" I am with a group and enter our Group Name "Northampton Parks & Recreation"
After completing this form...
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from Berkshire East.
- Please print and sign (must be by parent/guardian)
- Submit it to the Parks & Recreation Department.
Berkshire East will not be able to rent equipment to any participants who have not submitted their completed rental form.
Berkshire East does not require helmets but they are strongly recommended. Helmets are not included in Berkshire East rental package. Helmets can be rented in addition by participant for $50 for the five weeks to the Parks & Recreation Department.
Lessons take place shortly after arrival and are group lessons which last one hour. All beginner levels are required to sign up for lessons.
- Wednesday lessons will be at 4:30PM