Girls Basketball Grades 5 & 6
Quabbin Valley League
- This division will travel to towns such as South Hadley, Belchertown, Ludlow, Chicopee, Granby and others.
- Players must attend evaluations, time and days TBA.
- Residents of Northampton, Florence, Leeds have priority until November 11. Non-residents registering after that date must attend school in Northampton, or must not have a Quabbin League team in their town of residence. Non-res registration begins Nov. 12 at 10am.
- Teams will play approximately 2 games, stop time. Practices start in November with evaluation sessions and practices, games are late January through February, with a jamboree or playoffs in March.
- Teams play 2-3 times a week.
- Players will play with a junior sized basketball and a 10 foot hoop.
- Registrations for the Quabbin Basketball League are taken in groups of 10. Players that sign up after the first 10 will be placed on a wait list until there are enough players and a coach to open an additional team. If waitlist is indicated, register online for the waitlist, or at our office and the system will put you on the waitlist. Families will be notified once they are taken off of the waitlist.
For: Girls in grades 5 & 6
Schedule: Varies, weeknights and weekends
Location: City schools, and travel to other towns for games
Evaluations/preseason practices are in mid-November, see below
Financial assistance is available for those who qualify, please contact us for information.
- Every player should attend at least two of the three pre-season practice and evaluation sessions. If you can not, you may still play. We encourage the players to come to as many as they can. These evaluations are so we can even out the teams as best as possible.
- Click here for evaluation schedule (PDF)
This division will play in Northampton only.
We are planning for separate boys and girls divisions. If numbers don’t allow for that, it will be coed.
This division will play Saturdays and 1 weeknight.
The players will work on their skills and basketball knowledge through drills and games to improve their game.
Players will be broken up into teams as the season progresses to play games.
- Registration form (PDF)
- Click here for online registration
- Season Schedule, when available
- Players will play with a junior sized basketball (27.5") and a 10 foot hoop.
Coaches and assistant coaches are needed each year for our teams. The basketball league has about 28 teams each year, and it wouldn't be successful without the dedication, knowledge and time given to the program by all our amazing volunteers.
If you are interested in coaching, please indicate it on the space provided on your players form. If you do not have a player in the league or would like to contact us to coach, please send us an email.